What's happening in the parish life:

"FORMED" : Catholic Faith Education Resources

*New* 2018-2019 RCIA Program

Planned Giving

Nativity's History Book

Msgr. Otellini's Homilies

Father Davenport's Book

e-Giving: Sign-up or Changes

e-Giving FAQs

Archdiocesan Annual Appeal: Donating Electronically

Our bulletin sponsors
(please consider advertising in our bulletin - it generates business within our parish community)

Bulletin Archives

Altar Server Schedule for December 2018

Nativity Concert: Church Songs of Ireland

Past Articles


Front view of the church

Nativity - the roamin' Catholic church

In 1872, after logging had ceased in the area and the populations had shifted from the surrounding hills to the valley, Archbishop Alemany of San Francisco dedicated a chapel on an acre of land at Ringwood and Middlefield in Menlo Park, California. This chapel, originally St. Bridgit's, a mission of St. Matthew's of San Mateo, was to take over the spiritual guidance of the towns in the area, which included Menlo Park, Atherton, Redwood City, Palo Alto, and Mountain View. Nativity soon grew and was established as a parish in 1877, and a resident pastor, Rev. William Speckels, was appointed.

In 1878 a change of ownership in the land around the church limited possibilities of growth and Nativity moved. The chapel, which measured 40x55 feet, was transported on log rollers from Ringwood to another location on Santa Cruz Avenue. More...

2018 Advent and Christmas Schedule






Hearing Loop Installed

©2017 The Church of the Nativity - 12.11.18